Understanding the difference between aggression and assertiveness.
Instinctively engaging the appropriate language, tone of voice and body language in different settings, especially in difficult situations, can take some practice. Effective communication skills training can make all the difference at work whether communicating with your manager, your colleagues or social circle.
Coaching with Wendy Smith will cover the fundamental skills you need to be able to work professionally with anyone and everyone you come in contact with. You will learn how to be assertiveness rather than aggressive. You will understand how to read yourself and your personality type, how you come across and how to read other people around you. These are essential tools to enable you to mirror and establish clarity in communication.
This session will cover:
- Using and adjusting your body language.
- Varying tone to create impact with your vocal delivery.
- Positive reinforcement and how to deliver/receive feedback
- Using personal and public space to your advantage.
- The importance of listening and understanding.
- The power of paraphrasing for maximum understanding.
- How to be assertive without being aggressive.
- Taking criticism on board in a positive way.
- Maximizing your verbal impact with powerful words.
- Cross cultural language implications
Back to What we offer